Advanced Practice Clinician Fellowship
- Advanced Practice Clinician Fellowship
- Date Posted: March 5, 2021
- Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus
- Genesis Hospital, Zanesville
- Inpatient Rehab, Columbus
- Long Term Acute Care Hospital, Columbus
Advanced Practice Clinician Hospital Medicine Fellowship
MedOne Hospital Physicians offers an innovative opportunity for nurse practitioners and physician assistants seeking additional education and in-depth knowledge of hospital medicine. MedOne’s Advanced Practice Clinician Hospital Medicine Fellowship is a 9–12-month program of hands-on, clinical training and didactic education with our expert hospital medicine physicians and experienced advanced practice providers.
- Clinical training: 9-12 months of one-on-one training with our expert hospital medicine physicians and experienced advanced practice providers
- Didactic education: weekly lectures with our hospital medicine experts
- CME conferences: Hospital Medicine Bootcamp and Fundamentals of Critical Care Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Communication development in a clinical setting
Hospital medicine is fast-paced and collaborative, so ideal candidates are:
- Highly motivated
- Educationally driven
- Adaptable and agile
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from an accredited Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Acute Care NP/AGACNP) or Physician Assistant program
- Obtain board certification by appropriate certifying body prior to starting the fellowship program
- Obtain license to practice with prescriptive authority in the State of Ohio
- BLS/ACLS certified
- Unofficial graduate school transcript
- Letter of intent: Why do you want to work in hospital medicine?
- 3 professional references:
- NEW GRADUATES: One must be from graduate program director
- IF PRIOR APP EXPERIENCE: One must be from your most recent collaborating physician
Please send all application requirements to Michelle Wende, program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary & Benefits
Fellows are considered employees of MedOne and will receive a competitive stipend and benefits.
MedOne is a team of more than 150 physicians and advanced practice providers who are setting the standard for managing patients through the continuum of care.
Founded in 2000 and based in Columbus, MedOne has grown to be the largest hospital medicine practice in central Ohio, while continuing to expand its expertise to meet the needs of patients and healthcare partners. Today, MedOne provides expert acute hospitalist programs, post-acute care, pre-admission testing, staffing solutions and hospital medicine consulting services. MedOne was named a 2020 and 2019 Best Place to Work by Columbus Business First.
Michelle Wende, RN, MS, APRN-CNP
Director of Advanced Practice Clinicians
After submitting your application, you will receive an automated message confirming that we have received your application and resume. Our recruitment team is immediately notified of a new candidate submission and will contact you to start your MedOne journey.